From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2012 05:29:39 -0400
Hi all,
See below, and normally I don't have folks do this, but forward to everyone you know.
This is from Kim Komando
Harry
The Kim Komando Radio Show asks
"Ready for the FBI server shutdown?
On Monday, July 9th, 2012, the FBI will shut down 64,000 computers in the US from connecting to the internet. What they are doing is not letting infected computers connect to the internet in the future, because of viruses or malware on the computer.
I don't know about you, but I hate hearing storries about people getting viruses or getting spam emails on their computer!
Where do viruses and spam come from? They come from infected computers which had no security software, such as antivirus program, and no antispyware programs on them, or, even if they do have antivirus and antispyware programs on them, the programs are not active, so, they're not protecting your pc or Mac.
So, is your computer infected?
Start by paying a visit to
http://dns-ok.us
This site will indicate whether your computer is looking up websites correctly. If it shows green, and tells you it's green, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
If it's red, and tells you it's red, you'll need to grab some free security software from my Security Center and clean your computer.
If you do need security software such as antivirus software, or antispyware, go to
http://komando.com
and click on security center.

However, DNSChanger might prevent you from visiting security software websites.

If that happens, download the security programs on another computer and then transfer via flash drive. In extreme cases, you might need a last-ditch solution like Microsoft Security Sweeper.

Once the virus is gone, reboot and your computer should revert to its original DNS settings automatically. If it doesn't, you'll need to contact your ISP to learn what DNS settings you should be using.