From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:18:33 -0400
Hi, all.

I've been reading the various reports on Field Day that have been posted
over the last two days, so here's mine for what it's worth.

The Big Rapids Area Amateur Radio Club had probably its most successful
Field Day on record this year.

We ran a 3 alpha operation, although most of our activity was with two
rigs--one on 20 and one on 40.

I was in charge of the 20-meter station.

We had a total of 920 contacts.  A little over 300 of them were CW from my
station, with the remaining QSO's being phone from our 40-meter station.

One of the cool things was that the 40-meter phone station was run by a
family of relatively new hams, most of whom had never been on HF.  Now, I
think they have really caught onto the idea ofHF contesting.   What's nice
is that  they have the license priveleges to do it, and have just purchased
an IC706 Mark II. G. as the family's HF rig.

In all, we contacted all of the states, and all but one province in Canada.
Our missing province was NL, which, I believe is Newfoundland and Nova
Scotia.

As for me, my 300 or so CW contacts was the highest number of contacts I
ever made in a Field Day.  I used my TS480 in our rV, with our club's
20-meter dipole.  I actually would have made more contacts, but, as I'm sure
you understand, Field Day involves many visitors, and I simply found it too
difficult to operate the rig, listen to Jaws with the N3FJP software, and
talk to visitors at the same time.

Anyway, there's the gist  of my report.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI