From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2012 00:45:08 -0700
How is the 590 better than the 480?

 ----- Original Message -----
From: Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date sent: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 02:12:37 -0400
Subject: a review of the kenwood ts590

Hi all,
I am just sitting here tonight, and getting caught up on my
handiham =
world weekly eletters, and absolutely not caught up, now on April
20, =
2011, hi hi!
Anyway, Pat, wa0tda, recommended this review, by Bob, a blind
ham, k3ul.
So, I went digging for it on eham.net and here it is!
As you'll see, this is the best ham rig, just because all the
menus =
speak, and he means speak!
So, here's the review!
"K3UL  Rating: 5/5  Apr 19, 2011 13:35  Send this review to a
friend =20
      Great Valueand Accessible Too   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
=20
      I have and still own many of the high end radios including
the =
FTDX-5000 and the K3.  I purchased the TS-590 just to check it
out.  I =
must say, it is a great rig for the price.  The audio is
wonderful, =
filtering is quite satisfactory, it runs very cool and the =
controls/buttons are definitely user friendly.  For us blind
hams, the =
TS-590 really shines.  With the addition of the VGS-1 talking
chip, every =
control and ALL of the menu settings speak.  To the best of my
knowledge, =
there is no other rig out there that offers that level of
accessibility.  =
Great job Kenwood! Even with the high end radios readily
available to me =
in my shack, I find myself using the TS-590 about 80% of the
time.  Now, =
if it only had a second receiver, it would be my number one
radio.  In my =
opinion, if Kenwood can provide this access for a $75 investment,
shame =
on the other manufacturers who don't offer this critical feature.
73, =
Bob K3UL" =20

73,
Trippy, ac8s