From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2012 02:12:37 -0400
Hi all,
I am just sitting here tonight, and getting caught up on my handiham world weekly eletters, and absolutely not caught up, now on April 20, 2011, hi hi!
Anyway, Pat, wa0tda, recommended this review, by Bob, a blind ham, k3ul.
So, I went digging for it on eham.net and here it is!
As you'll see, this is the best ham rig, just because all the menus speak, and he means speak!
So, here's the review!
"K3UL  Rating: 5/5  Apr 19, 2011 13:35  Send this review to a friend
      Great Valueand Accessible Too   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
      I have and still own many of the high end radios including the FTDX-5000 and the K3. I purchased the TS-590 just to check it out. I must say, it is a great rig for the price. The audio is wonderful, filtering is quite satisfactory, it runs very cool and the controls/buttons are definitely user friendly. For us blind hams, the TS-590 really shines. With the addition of the VGS-1 talking chip, every control and ALL of the menu settings speak. To the best of my knowledge, there is no other rig out there that offers that level of accessibility. Great job Kenwood! Even with the high end radios readily available to me in my shack, I find myself using the TS-590 about 80% of the time. Now, if it only had a second receiver, it would be my number one radio. In my opinion, if Kenwood can provide this access for a $75 investment, shame on the other manufacturers who don't offer this critical feature. 73, Bob K3UL"

73,
Trippy, ac8s