From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:59:55 -0700
ok eric, an 18ft dipole is pretty short but will work.  how far from
the end of the wire is the loading coil?  if you need to change the
length of the ant, the wire after the loading coil that goes out to
the end insulator is very important.  how much wire between the end
of the loading coil and the end insulator?  how does the coax connect
to the dipole??  you might be better off with a center loaded dipole
and use inductive coupling to it.  how much room do you have on the
balcony?  how long is it?  take care, c u mike