From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:41:31 -0600
hopefully the female part of the bnc hasn't been reemed out too much...this
often happens on scanners.  If it is too loose, you wont' get a great
electrical connection either.
Are you sure that the screw that holds the whip onto the connecter isn't
just loose?
It's a silly design when they use the compression of the pin into the socket
of the bnc to keep the antenna vertical.
You did say the part that swivels, but I think you must mean the connecter
and not the part that bends at a 90 degree angle where the whip is attached
to the connecter.  All the ones I've seen, there is a screw with a nut that
holds the whip on and if that comes loose, the whip will wobble all over.

73
Colin, V A6BKX