From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 23:06:29 -0400
Since you have a pi network output circuit with separate tuning and loading
capacitors (I guess), you can match the rig to a wider range of impedances
than a solid-state no-tune transmitter will tolerate.  Even if there is a
fair amount of reflected power, proper adjustment of the tuning and loading
capacitors will keep the tubes well matched to the antenna.  If there is
only a tuning control and no loading control on that rig, your options are
more limited and you should be more concerned about the amount of measured
reflected power.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls