From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2012 13:08:39 -0600
the more I hear about the screw driver, the less I like it.
When the idea first began to get popular, everyone thought it was a great
wonderful concept.
Unfortunately, the things just don't work terribly well compared to other
more tradditional HF antennas...like husslers etc.
My friend has two screw driver antennas, and neither one of them work as
well as a single mono hussler resonator.  true, they'll tune up, but they
don't seem to radiate very good...
A wire, even a trapped dipole, will out perform a screw driver I suspect.

73
Colin, V A6BKX