From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2012 07:15:15 -0400
I thought that Lowell, W8QIY, was running an accessible weather station.
Although it might be W8QLR, who is now a silent key.

In addition to the Window-Eyes "Weather or not" app, I sometimes go to
classic.wunderground.com and set it up for my ZIP code.  This page contains
several tables.  Here in the Washington area, the fourteenth table contains
listings of near-current data from 30 weather stations within a few miles of
each other.  Obviously, the data in North Dakota will be much more sparse.
I don't find Wunderground to be such a good system for tracking fast-moving
lines of thunderstorms, etc., but our local radio station, WTOP, does a good
job of describing what's on the weather radar.  The Weather app for the
iPhone or iPod is also useful if you can keep it synchronized.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls