From:
Gary Tillinghast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 23:30:30 -0400
Hi Tom
Our camper has the same problem.  I like to listen to AM radio while in bed,
(old radio shows).  I took this issue to a local ham who is an engineer.  He
said that these charging/ inverters are a non-filtered power supply.  He
stated that a noise cap will not suppress the noise.  He suggested in taking
the 12 volt side of the inverter and changing it to a switchable power
supply of about 33 amps.  Keeping the voltage to around 13.5 volts.  After I
thought about this, I asked if the charging system of the towing vehicle
might affect the power supply by backfeeding the new switchable power
supply.  I asked if this would be a place to put a diode.  He wasn't sure
that it was needed.  I am going to check with my local camping store to see
if they ever offer a filtered power supply.  73.  Gary KB2YAA