From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 00:33:15 -0400
I don't know why, but I grew up an optimist. and I'm really glad that I did.
I know that the world is not perfect, but I don't worry about that.  I do as
much as I can for myself, and only ask for help as an absolute last resort
cause my
Dad taught me to be self reliant.  I've never driven a car cause I didn't
want to hurt anyone, but I've also put my own towers and antennas up, and
installed my own gas furnace cause I knew that I could do that.

I treat my equipment with respect and therefore I have never blown a final
tube or transistor from tuning up too long, but I have, like most others,
made lots of mistakes and I have hopefully learned from them so that I would
not make the same mistakes again and again.

I am equal to most others , but I am not equal in some other ways.  I've
learned to live and enjoy life under these circumstances.  Things could be
better, but if everyone wanted to make things better at the expense of
others, we would have an ongoing battle  that would continue forever.

I always try to show others by example rather than telling them what should
be.  I get a lot more respect and appreciation that way.

In closing, remember to always try to enjoy life, even those challenges that
we all have!

73

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]