From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:20:32 -0700
even the cheap chinese throw away baofeng UV3R dual band HT has a 90 volt
reverse protector diode in it.
You'd think something like this would as well...but it probably cost another
15 cents to add it to the circuit, and as long as they clearly state in
their manual that you should only connect to the supplied power supply, they
cover their asses warranty wise.
Of course, knowing that they primarily sell to a VI market, they should also
use that 15 cent saving and put a braille label on the wall wart to indicate
what it is for.

I use a braille labeller allot these days to put markings on my many
wallwarts for this exact reason.

73
Colin, V A6BS