From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:36:27 -0700
so by using the resisters, you are attempting to create a load on the AC
source in order to measure current?
I didn't think you could obtain current readings unless current is being
used by a device requiring a load?
IE, if you just stick the probes into a wall socket you won't see much
current unless something is requiring current to flow, like a fridge, or
microwave or something.
the nextech meter will read current only if it's flowing, and AC without a
real load doesn't seem to provide that.
Same is true with DC...like if you try to measure the current on a 1.6V
double A battery, it'll say something like 0.004 mili amps...unless you
connect something to that battery which requires current.

73
Colin, V A6BS