Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tom Addison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 17:43:58 -0700
I stumbled across this factoid about buckwheat (from Trader Joe's web
site):

    Buckwheat

    Originating in Siberia & Manchuria, buckwheat is not a true cereal
    grain, but is an herb. It was not cultivated in Europe until the
14th
    century (making it one of the last grains to be cultivated). The
name
    is derived from the Dutch boeke (beech) weite (wheat), because the
    grains are shaped a little like beechnuts.

My question to the list: Does this make buckwheat a "legal" Paleo food?
Can it be eaten "raw" (not that one would want to, of course   :-)  )?
How about gluten content (presumably none), and other bad things common
to grains?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Tom Addison
Amsterdam, NL