From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:01:27 -0400
Diane H wrote:
 >Okay, you've got me on the verge of giving up coffee,

Green tea. Or white tea. The caffeine is a lot lower than coffee, but
you'll adjust. My favorite right now is an Imperial Oolong. It is a
full leaf tea.

Loose tea is much cheaper than tea bags. If one is at work bags are
convenient. But at home, there is no reason not to use loose.

I buy my tea at my food coop. Here is what full leaf tea looks like:
http://www.amazon.com/Imperial-Iron-Goddess-Oolong-4oz/dp/B0009QS48A

If you microwave water in a mug, you can learn exactly how long to
zap it. This method has the advantage of also heating the mug. If you
boil water on the stove top, you will either have the mug cool the
water some, or you waste energy by using boiling water to heat the mug.

Then I recommend using a tea brewing basket like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I68NCS/

And I now use a scale to weigh the tea. Different teas weigh
dramatically different amounts. You really can't visualize a comparison.

I have this scale: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P1NYE8/

But I prefer this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012LOQUQ/

Except I loaned it to my parents, so they could weigh gold things in
their safe deposit box. They haven't done this yet. Hence I am using
the first one listed above.

Right now I am using around 1.3 grams of tea in a mug. If I was using
a black tea I would use less.

Don.