From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2012 15:18:33 -0600
and what do we see when people become intollerant or feel they must take
matters into their own hands?
we see religious and racial profiling and hate.  We see wars, we see things
like the inquizition.  It's a bloody hobby after all.
Ham radio is a very large sand box where everyone can easily find their own
nich.
We don't use brute force to keep people out of that sand box that we don't
like or who anoy us.
what gives you the right to arbitrarily decide someone shouldn't be in that
sand box?  What, your interpretation of the rules, regulations and laws
surrounding the use of amateur radio frequencies?
It is amateur radio, not professional radio.
If someone cuts you off in traffic and doesn't use their signal light as the
regulations stipulate, does that give you the right to render their vehicle
inopperable?  If you call the cops and complain that someone made a traffic
violation, and the police choose not to use their resources to investigate,
do you then take the matter into your own hands and confront that driver and
possibly damage his vehicle to the point where it won't ever drive
again...just so you can have the petty satisfaction of knowing he'll never
bother other drivers again?
perhaps in your world you do, I don't know.
 If you hear of someone who you think is guilty, getting off on a murder
charge, do you run out and hunt that person down and either beat, or kill
that person so he can never do what you think he did again?
in your world, I guess you would.
You can run around and blame others for everything all the time, or you can
do what you think is best and live your life the way you choose without
allowing others to control it for you.
if you don't like homosexuals, do you believe you have the god given right
to harm them because they are causing your heterosexual society world view
to drain away into something you won't tollerate?

I make these comparisons because they are all valid.  You feel that because
you are a participant in a hobby, that others who choose to try and irritate
you are open to reprisals.
as was stated, the cure is worse than the disease.  Do you cut off your arm
because your finger hurts?
Do you think new people would want to join a hobby where it is known that
members take matters into their own hands and will break down your door if
they don't like what you are doing?
You feel that there should be some kind of secret police within the hobby
who are allowed to take stations off the air at their whim?
yep, stalin and Musolini thought the same way...so did hitler.
A secret police force to cull the anoying and less than desirable elements
so that the culture could be purified and made to represent some arbitrary
idea.

I guess narrow mindedness and inductive reasoning are still alive and well.

rock on.

73
Colin, V A6BKX