From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:20:57 -0600
Ok, a couple things:
the stock ts2000 receives perfectly fine on 220MHZ.
obviously the internal antenna tuner won't work on 220 because the antenna
tuner doesn't function on VHF and UHF frequencies anyway.
The internal ts2000 antenna tuner works perfectly well on 60 meters, with
the modification to open up the transmitter from 1.8 to 30MHZ....obviously,
though, if your antenna has a greater than 3 to 1 match on 60 meters, the
internal tuner probably will not tune it...I say probably because I have
seen the internal tuner successfully tune an antenna showing a stock swr of
6 to 1 with an external meter...IE my carolina windom on 6 meters.

The internal tuner functions normally between 1.8 and 30MHZ with the wide
band tx mod done, on all frequencies, as long as the antenna is within spec
for the tuner.
if you are trying to use an antenna that has a greater than 3 to 1 SWR on 60
meters, then no, the internal tuner will more than likely not function.
This doesn't mean it doesn't function just fine with a lower swr.
My carolina windom full sized 80 will tune, with the ts2000 internal tuner
on all the alocated 60Meter frequencies.
Further, please give a source for the mod that will make the ts2000 transmit
on 220MHZ?  As I said, I've scoured the net for one for a long time, and
have yet to find one that doesn't go so deep into component changing that it
is no longer a modification but a redesign of the radio.
If you gut the rig, and redesign it, then of course it'll do damn near
anything you want it to.
People will claim and say almost anything to make themselves or their
equipment appear to be supperior to others equipment...such as, oh, my
ts2000 will transmit on 220...when in reality it does not.
I can easily make an audio clip showing that my radio and antenna tune on 60
meters as I have described.
I would like to see a vidio or hear an audio file that clearly indicates
that the ts2000 transmits a legitimate amount of RF out on the amateur 1.25
meter band.

73
Colin, V A6BKX