From:
"Linda C. Knight" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:17:52 -0400
Howard, Cooking is becoming a chore these days. LOL! Would rather do amateur
radio.

A gentleman came over yesterday who is a ham operator friend and he didn't
have the right connector to try the mag mount. But we will get to one before
we buy one.

And, yes, we will use the stove for first experiment. <smile.

Here is a good description of the repeaters I am dealing with. My friend's
email to me.
Happy Easter kk4hrg,

I hope the both of you are having a great day. Trish

and I are enjoying a quiet afternoon together.

Now to answer your questions  big smile

1. Your longer antenna should give you better reception

 and transmission clarity. There is no tone for the 670

repeater and if I remember right, your off set was

 correct. You are about three quarters of a mile closer

to the 670 repeater than the 640 repeater but the

signal going towards the 670 is probably effected by all

 of the steel in your building and the frame work of the

 stars and balconies headed towards the north east. the

height of the antenna is only about 200 feet.

Now looking towards the 640 machine it is almost a clear

 shot and that antenna is at one thousand eight hundred

 feet.

When transmitting or receiving, your antenna should be

held straight up and down. If you picture a donut on

your table, it would depict the approximate shape of the

lets say, antenna pattern. Therefore if the "donut" is

not horizontal, in theory the radio waves could be

directed over or under the receiving antenna. big smile

 I just finished dinner and now I can finish your note.

2. A magnet mount antenna is an antenna attached to a

circular magnet which attaches to the roof of a car.

It can also be used off a car as I do with the radio in

my living room. The closest place to buy one is in
 hugs and 73
Linda c. knight and Shirley
Please note email:

Orlando. Lets use my antenna to see how it works at