From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2012 20:26:17 -0600
unless you can get one that saves the reading to be spoken back at a later
time?
IE, you take the SPL measurement and press a save buttont that saves the
reading, then you can press the anounce key when you have finished measuring
the sound source.
I'm going to guess there is an app for that lol.
I'm quite sure there must be an IPhone/IPad app that will do basic SPL
measurements within the limitations of the built in microphone.
mute VO while doing the measurement, then turn it back on to read the
results when finished.
there are ways to accomplish the same thing using a high quality mike and a
DAW on the computer as well...but this alternative is not very portible and
is subject to error more so than your typical 20 dollar SL meter from rad
shack.

73
Colin, V A6BS