From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2012 15:36:49 -0600
Scott,

To find your routers ip address, do the following:

1. press windows-r to open the Windows Run dialogue box

2.  type cmd and press enter.

3. Now you are at the command prompt.

4. Since you may not be able to read the screen with your screen reader when
at the command prompt, type the following and than press enter.
Type this without the quotes.
"ipconfig > c:\ipconfig.txt"

5. Now you have a file called "ipconfig.txt" located in the root directory
of your "C" drive.

5.5. Type "exit" without the quotes to close the command prompt window.

6. This file contains all the information that the ipconfig command found.

7. Near the bottom of the file will be a line similar to the following:
"Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254"

8. The numbers will be different for your router.

9. Open your internet browser and enter http:"the number obtained above" in
the address line of your browser.

10. If you did this correctly, your router will display a dialogue box
asking for your log-in name and password.

11. The default log-in name will most likely be "admin" without the quotes
and the password will most likely be "admin" or "password" without the
quotes.

12. If you get in to the router, than you can make the necessary changes to
the port settings.

13. After you make the changes, don't forget to save the new settings.

14. Remember, you can find the information on the Echolink site to tell you
what ports to open.

I hope this helps.

73's

Howard #3