From:
Tom Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2012 03:47:58 -0600
Pitch is not a manifestation of anything.  It is a psychological perception.
Frequency is the manifestation you're talking about and pitch is how we perceive
frequency.  I would think that as a ham you would at least have some
understanding of that fact.  The problem seems to be that somehow you are
talking about "tone" andHumanware is talking about timbre.  I completely agree
that they should not call a timbre control a tone control.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html