Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 18:31:10 -0700
From:
Diane Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks, Don!
I wouldn't be one for ordering digital scales, since I cook by feel, and couldn't
even see straight to operate one of those in the morning.

If it comes out too strong, I'll act accordingly.

Teas are available in the mostly organic spice bins at my supermarket, and
I have on hand a jasmine tea.  I'll try it in the morning and see whether
I can get by without the caffeine.

Your tea looks delicious.

Diane H.

  Diane H wrote:
   >Okay, you've got me on the verge of giving up coffee,

  Green tea. Or white tea. The caffeine is a lot lower than coffee, but
  you'll adjust. My favorite right now is an Imperial Oolong. It is a
  full leaf tea.

  Loose tea is much cheaper than tea bags. If one is at work bags are
  convenient. But at home, there is no reason not to use loose.

  I buy my tea at my food coop. Here is what full leaf tea looks like:
  http://www.amazon.com/Imperial-Iron-Goddess-Oolong-4oz/dp/B0009QS48A<http://www.amazon.com/Imperial-Iron-Goddess-Oolong-4oz/dp/B0009QS48A>

  If you microwave water in a mug, you can learn exactly how long to
  zap it. This method has the advantage of also heating the mug. If you
  boil water on the stove top, you will either have the mug cool the
  water some, or you waste energy by using boiling water to heat the mug.

  Then I recommend using a tea brewing basket like this:
  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I68NCS/<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I68NCS/>

  And I now use a scale to weigh the tea. Different teas weigh
  dramatically different amounts. You really can't visualize a comparison.

  I have this scale: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P1NYE8/<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P1NYE8/>

  But I prefer this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012LOQUQ/<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012LOQUQ/>

  Except I loaned it to my parents, so they could weigh gold things in
  their safe deposit box. They haven't done this yet. Hence I am using
  the first one listed above.

  Right now I am using around 1.3 grams of tea in a mug. If I was using
  a black tea I would use less.

  Don.