From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:17:01 -0500
Harvey,

A nearby lightning strike can indeed cause this type of problem, especially
with today's solid state electronics.  I've had friends who have lost ham
gear and other appliances to lightning even though they weren't plugged in.
Sometimes, close proximity is all it takes even with a well-engineered
product like the NLS player.  A reset might well have fixed it but I realize
that is more than many users are willing to take on.
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations
Messages On-hold: