From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:16:12 -0500
Sounds good, that's how I started, I stumbled in to the repeaters with
activity and listened to them for hours. By the time I took my test, it was
like I knew the guys already, it make my first QSO easier too even though it
was actually with someone I'd only heard a couple times, I was more
confident that I knew what I was doing. So, it's not a bad thing to get a
couple of those repeaters in there, you can always make it so you have to go
to them manually if they're tying up the scanner, keeping from scanning too
much. I had to do that.