From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:30:04 -0700
Hi Jim and all!  To make echo link more screenreader friendly, I always
use Explorer View, as aposed to Index View.  To do this, I first, find
the line on the screen that says, "Index View Explorer View" and place my
mouse pointer over the E in Explorer.  If you are using Jaws, you will
need to route Jaws to PC and place the Jaws coursour there.  Then, left
click by using the key next to the numlock, I believe that is the numpad
slash!  Now, press Alt T, for the tools menus, and arrow down to
Preferences and press enter.  You will be in the Lists tab, so press the
tab key until you hear "Show in Index View (Repeaters).  This will be
checked by default, you want to uncheck it and everything else that says
Show in index view.  This will insure that the next time you bring up
Echo Link, you will be in explorer view.

Now, this next bit is for Window-Eyes users, using Window-Eyes 7.2 or
earlier, as 7.5 uses a new interface and I don't know how to get the same
results with it!  Bring up the Window-Eyes control panel and press Alt,
and then right arrow once to the screen pulldown.  Arrow down to the
punctuation pulldown and right arrow.  Arrow down to Math and press
enter.  You will be given 3 choices, choose On and press enter.  Also in
the screen menu, find Alpha Numeric and press enter to turn it on.  This
will make Window-Eyes read call signs correctly and include the dash for
dash l or dash r.

I hope this has made some kind of sense!  GRIN!  It is much easier to
talk someone through it than it is to try to write it out!  GRIN!

73:
John

John Jacques
Amateur Radio Station: KD8PC