From:
David thurmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:04:47 -0500
Hello,

Has anyone on the list used a Wouxun KG-UV3D or KG-UV6X radio?  If so,
how accessible is it?  The product description says you can turn on
speech to read menus and settings, but I wasn't sure if that meant
everything is accessible with speech or just a few things.  Also, has
anyone ever used the USB programming interface and associated
software, and if so, does it work with Jaws or another screen reader?

I've decided that the HTX-252 my friend generously loaned me is simply
not going to work, and these radios seem like a very affordable way to
get on 2 meters/ 70 cm.  And the price is definitely right!  Granted,
they are pretty low-power, but I would mostly use the radio from home,
and there's a repeater practically on every corner here in the Atlanta
area, so I think that would be no problem.

 Any thoughts/insights would be much appreciated.

73,

David Thurmond, KK4ADV