From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:27:43 -0500
Hi Richard.

I have an atomic watch, and to calibrate it you need some sight.  When you
put a new battery in it, the watch starts moving the hands quickly.  In the
case of my watch, you set it to 11:59, then press a button.  Then you move
the second hand until it's at 12, so essentially you set the watch for
12:00.  Then you press another button to start the watch.  When it's time to
update from the atomic clock, the watch would do so.  Of course you'd need
to set the watch to your local time so the atomic signal could be received.

That's how it worked in my watch.  Hope this makes sense to you.

Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY