From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:27:36 -0500
Hi Harvey,

It might be the lightning, but I doubt it.  I had a standard digital player
for less than 2 years and all of a sudden--after seldom using it in battery
only mode, when I tried using it for an hour or so, I got the low battery
indication and the player shut down.  It still worked with the  power cord.

I called the NLS regional library in Albany, NY  and they said they had been
having "issues with the NLS new digital players and battery life."  The
battery--according to the built-in manual--is supposed to last about 5
years.

I sent the standard player back and requested and received an advanced
player.  I like its additional features, but whether the battery will last
any longer, I can't yet say--since I've only had the machine for a month
now.