From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2012 23:31:50 -0500
The speech synthesis history can be found at
  http://americanhistory.si.edu/archives/speechsynthesis/ss_home.htm
and doesn't have much information about the period after 1988, I think.  But
people may not realize how much work was done before that time.  I don't
think there are too many recordings on that site, but it's good to know the
history and the struggles people went through to create the technology we
use today.  For instance, if you are using Eloquence, much of the work on
that synthesizer was done by Dr. Susan Hertz at Cornell University.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com