From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 2012 19:26:32 -0600
You become use to the number of turns per 25Khz or so, and more often
than not the band edges are identified by a commercial station, but I
have used more successfully than anything at all b4 talking readouts
a 25Khz crystal calibrator which generates carriers every 25Khz. You
count the numbers E.G. 7.025, 7.050, 7.075, 7.100, 7.125, etc. etc.
and you are then aware of where you can transmit or not.