From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2012 10:56:43 -0600
comfort factor, routine, a place where all ducks are in a row, are
the only reasons people check into nets "for the count," or, to
please the net control as to the number of people who are regulars,
always there to be a part of the place where all of his other regulars meet. :)
Then, there is the comfort factor of knowing that if you need a
message passed into cripple creek, you will be sure that that station
is available to handle it.
Then, since there are multiple personalities checking in, you will
find the type who is fidgety, wants to be the center of attention,
laid back and could give a rip, so casual that they forget what time
it is or even that they are listening, fall asleep, drink fourteen
cups of coffee so as to not miss anything just in case, etc. etc.
Then, , there are the different styles of net controllers;  again,
from the same molds where we all come from, casual, up-to-the-minute
in paying attention, let alone the different voice types, male,
female, high, low, cheerful, mumblers, snappy talkers, disgruntled
individuals who you wonder why there are net controllers if they
don't like it so much, but when the rubber meets the road, sometimes
those are the ones who come through in a pinch, etc. etc.
Then, there are nets that pay exclusive attention to a certain
protocol, such as traffic handling with strict adherence to form
filling in message handling, nets who just rag chew as in talking,
talking, talking, mostly about personal events who, if you listen
long enough, becomes that comfort factor I spoke of earlier, where
everyone on that frequency knows that when, for example, Frank checks
in, he will talk about his daughter-in-law who may come from
California, or may not, or her kids, etc. etc.
Get the idea?