From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:42:08 -0600
Yah, just like me.
It doesn't stick on receive.  I found a few very interesting ts-480
articles.  Appearently MFJ makes an RF sensative switch to do what I want.
A guy wanted to operate his ts-480 from his patio, but didn't like hauling
out radio power supply, and paddle.  He found out that the cable between the
control head and radio used 5 of the 6 wires in the cable.  He got a 100
foot long piece of cable, crimped on connectors at both ends, and used the
extra 3 wires for jacks from his paddle and to the keying jack on the radio.
Now all he does is carry the paddle and head out to his patio.  Isn't that a
nice summer thought?