From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:53:50 -0500
what is funny is with what they are sending they will last forever ornearly so  the duty cycle is such tht it is no worry for any reasonable radio, and if it is a rig like the ts2000 you could put a brick on the key an dit will be fine, as the finals in the 2k are rated for twice their actual power anyway, so there is a built in 50% duty cycle tollerance frmo the start or pretty close.
 I had this happen once on fm simplex  i bumped te ptt button when i was hitting the vox button and left the rig in transmit for a long time  it didn't even get overly warm
 i go tit he ar we drove away and i turned on the rig in the car an heard it in transmit  by the time e turned around and I walked into the shack the time out timer  turned off the transmitter and the fan was on high col, but it was only  mildly warm and that was a t 100w on fm. because of the sky command system it had to be built to handle that kind of use., and as popular as those radios have been it's not  abad bet that it's a 2k sitting there :)