From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:30:35 -0700
I would think there is a ground potential issue as well with any lightning
strike.
IE, if ground rods are too close together, they won't help to dissipate the
electricity properly over a distance.
Is that correct howard?
I think when you said saturation it would refer to the diminishing ground
potential going out from the closest ground rod to the lightning strike...
We don't have much of a problem with lightning here, so I've never worried
about a grounding system for any of my antennas.
As long as there are near by trees taller than the antenna, I don't worry
too much.
Of course, knock on wood lol.

73
Colin, V A6BS