From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2012 17:25:27 -0500
a 12 amp power supply should run a typical vhf packet station no problem. It
should run a vhf 50 watt radio on high power no problem, and I'm talking 12
amps surge. I only ran high power with my packet setup because there was a
major lull in activity around my immediate area and a couple guys used to
digi through me once upon a time, every morning so I gave them a little
extra power to help them out, for my purposes I'm sure 5 watts would have
been fine.