From:
David thurmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 13:01:11 -0500
Scott,

Concerning your question about the CD versions of the ARRL
publications, I got the amateur radio handbook with the CD and it
works great with Jaws.  The book is divided into individual PDF files
per chapter and seems to be fully accessible, navigable, and
searchable with the most recent version of the Adobe reader and Jaws
for Windows 9 or 10.  If you have an older version of Jaws or an older
version of Adobe, you might have to upgrade, but it is worth a try.

Of course, you are going to miss out a bit on schematics and such if
you are completely blind, but the  book should still contain them, and
even captions are converted to text, so you do not miss out
completely.

I have not bought the antenna book, but I would presume that recent
versions would be equally accessible.

Unfortunately, there are lots of interesting-sounding articles on the
ARRL web site from way back that are not accessible at all.  But the
CDs included with the books are terrific.

73,

David Thurmond, KK4ADV