From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:20:37 -0700
since you asked, the TS2000 is ten times the radio as the icom 7000.
I like both very well, but if your intension is for a bass unit, or one that
stays in one place most of the time, then the ts2000 is definitely a better
deal for not a whole lot more money.
If you want something that can go in the vehicle, camping, be set up else
where easily and doesn't take up much room, and is a great mobile/portible
radio, then the IC7000 is the one for you.
However, the ts2000 does have the built in tuner, 100W on VHF, menus are
spoken and pretty much all the major functions have their own dials or
buttons on the front of the radio.

73
Colin, V A6BS