From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2011 13:44:53 -0700
I have one of the MFJ models that doesn't have pig tails.
So I could easily use a patch cable on the UHF side with an N connecter
instead of a pl259 on that end...I just never did and had patch cables
already and an adapter...I really don't notice any significant loss when
connecting the antenna directly to the N connecter verses the adapters,
patch cables and duplexer...there might be a loss on test equipment, but in
the real world, I haven't noticed anything.
I don't do moon bounce or weak signal work on SSB on UHF though.
73
Colin, V A6BS