From:
Scott Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:21:57 -0500
Well I cannot specifically speak to coax, but for wiring up keys etc. I have generally wrapped the solder around the wire and applied heat. Once the solder falls off I know all is good. Now I certainly have fried my finger tips, but I guess that is why a set of those helping hands or whatever they are called come in handy. SOmething you can clamp the work piece in.
I never quite mastered the center conductor on coax, but maybe the connectors have changed so you have an easier time or do not need to solder it. I'd be curious about what others say as well.