From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:42:07 -0800
Do you have a talking meter you can check voltage or ohms with?  I can
check my kenwood power cords and tell you which one is plus.  Another
trich that works, if you know which lead out of your power supply is
ground is to hook that one to a tround on your caase, mouting screw or
whatever.  If you hook up the actual ground wire to the hot side of your
supply, it will short it and should just shut down.  If the radio works,
then you know you have it right and hook up the actual ground wire to the
supply.  Hope that makes sense.
73
Butch
WA0VJR