From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:35:59 -0400
Hi, all.

Well, I have succeeded in programming a bunch of memories into the TS590.
... I did it via the rig, rather than the software, which turned out to be
infinitely easier.

My next step will be to write the data from the rig into the software for
future reference if needed.

I do have one question, though, about the TS590.

Whenever I access a memory channel, I find that the tuning knob is locked
onto that memory frequency.  This obviously can be  a good thing, since the
memories remain fixed and cannot be inadvertently changed.
However, I'm wondering if there is any way to unlock the tuning knob when in
memory mode, in case minor frequency adjustments need to be made for one
reason or another?  Are the RIT and XIT functions the only way to adjust
frequency when in memory mode?  Or, are there other easier ways to deal with
this issue that I'm forgetting about?Thanks for allowing me to continue to
be in basic learning mode here.  (grin)

73 from Tom behler: KB8TYJ