Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 20:53:25 -0500
7bit
From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Understand that you don't want to use such an antenna at higher power
levels, because you will have significant amounts of RF in the shack,
including the potential for interfering with the rig or power supply's
operation.  Also, with indoor antennas at high enough power levels, RF
exposure for you or your family becomes a concern.  At the level of a few
watts, you shouldn't expect much trouble with RF exposure or a hot
microphone.

This sort of antenna is for maximum portability, as in operating out in the
woods temporarily.  But antennas and counterpoises such as these will at
least get you on the air, especially on CW.

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Wheaton, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls