Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:47:32 -0500
7bit
From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Junior,
we've actually spoken in the past on, I believe, 80-meters. We'll have to
try it again once I've figured out how to transmit that low, portable.

Richard, Howdy pardner! Never trouble from you, but would like to catch you
on the air. 10-meters is waking up, so we should have propo at some point
between FL and TX--when we're both on the air.

I'm tempted to go put up an antenna tonight and play radio but it's cold
outside. One of the more fun things I'm toying with is the Miracle Whip
attached directly to the back of the IC-703  and a 10-foot counterpoise wire
clipped to the ground lug. I used this New year's eve on 50.125 and worked
ka9cfd in Illinois while sitting by the fire bowl in our backyard with
friends. it was very cool to work IL with only 10 watts and the radio just
sitting in my lap. I didn't even have the wire attached to the ground lug,
so the whip was really hyper inefficient (sic).

73

Ron Miller