From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2011 00:55:54 -0500
On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 17:23 Keith Thomas wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 12:24, Julie Feickert wrote:
>
>>Can anyone think of a reason the leptin reset protocol/way of eating
>>would be problematic for pregnancy? I'm 12 weeks and prior to
>>becoming pregnant I had made it through two weeks of the leptin
>>reset protocol but was derailed by intense all day pregnancy nausea
>
>Julie, the early rush of books about leptin has been overtaken by
>developments over the past few years. For a review of this, listen
>to the 5 December 2011 BBC "Discovery" podcast here:
>
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00lw94w
>
>Keith

I meant to add to this post (when I wrote it) that Jack Kruse has a lot of information on what to do when you reach a plateau or your reset stalls. He says this is common and that the reasons vary massively between individuals - so it's not possible to set out in advance a plan that is appropriate for everyone, or even the majority of people. Basically, he advises (a) close and comprehensive tracking of blood and salivary parameters (b) interpreting the measures with professional skill (c) diagnosis and prescription based on a close knowledge of leptin-related processes (d) informed follow-through by the subject.

Keith