From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 12:02:10 -0600
On 12/28/2011 11:49 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
> There is a place to discuss the article. No comments yet. I would
> think one should read the entire article before commenting.
>
> http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/why-lost-pounds-come-back/

I read it all, and I don't see a lot I disagree with.  The mention on
the first page of a low-fat diet really doesn't have much to do with the
overall content of the article.  Their point is that losing weight
changes how a person responds to food, both physically and
psychologically, making it easier for them to regain weight.  They don't
attribute that to any particular diet (and in fact they mention that it
seems to happen regardless or what kind of diet is used).

I think maybe they exaggerate how difficult "keeping it off" can be (I
personally don't find it nearly as troublesome as they make it out to
be), but other than that I don't see a lot that raises my eyebrows.

--
   Robert Kesterson