From:
Marciana R <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marciana R <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:11:56 -0800

As I get many requests for GF cookie recipes around this time of year, I am posting the best recipe for cookie cutter cookies that I have yet found to list. Enjoy!   Maureen

~~~~~ROLL-OUT GLUTEN-FREE SUGAR COOKIES ~~~~~
Great for Large Cookie Cutters
(recipe by Susan Jarrold – leader of San Diego R.O.C.K. Chapter)

4 C. Sifted Flour
(3 C. White Rice Flour,
2 tsp. Xanthum Gum,
1/8 C. Potato Starch,
& almost 1 more C. of White Rice Flour)

1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Egg
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 C. Butter (can use margarine, but butter works best)
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 C. Sour Cream
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg (optional)

·Sift first three ingredients together (Flour Baking Soda, Salt, Potato Starch ingredients)

·Beat Butter, Egg, & Sugar until light & fluffy.  Beat in the Vanilla, Sour Cream & Nutmeg.

·Gradually add Flour Mixture to this mixture.

·Put in refrigerator for 1 hour OR overnight.

·Roll out to 1/8” thickness.  (May need to add more rice flour if dough seems too sticky)

·Bake on a stone dish at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. If you do not have a baking stone, use a single layer cookie sheet, not an insulated one.