From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2011 00:09:00 +1000
Bruce writes:

<<Is there an easy way to determine what drivers are missing/obsolete on a
computer? >>

You could try Driver Detective. http://www.driverdetective.org/

It states: "Driver Detective has been downloaded more than 1,000,000 times
and has received excellent reviews from users and professionals alike.
Driver Detective will download and install new driver software, remove old
drivers, and maintain a local backup copy of the current driver revision.
Driver Detective will save time and effort over the long run because you
won't waste your time on fruitless installations, troubleshooting and
rollbacks.

Driver Detective will find and apply new updates automatically, so you
don't even need to go out looking for updates. When an update for a driver
your system uses is made available, Driver Detective will find it, download
it, install it, back it up and archive the old driver. You can also roll
back to the older driver version if you need to. Seriously, it doesn't get
any better than this!"

There are a number of "review" sites which look suspiciously similar and
self-serving. I suspect they are all part of the same network, a marketing
device which usually makes me highly suspicious of the product. However,
Driver Detective has been around for a long time, and I believe it is
effective, though I haven't used it myself for many years.

The price appears to be $30 and there's a trial version available here
which might possibly suit your purposes. http://www.updatedriversquickly.com/

Don Penlington

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com