C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:05:35 -0400
From: Cerebrum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 10:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cerebrum: The Dana Forum on Brain Science - September 2009

Cerebrum: The Dana Forum on Brain Science
September 2009

Dear Cerebrum Reader,
A new article in Cerebrum's 2009 Web edition is now available.

How Arts Training Improves Attention and Cognition
By Michael I. Posner, Ph.D., with Brenda Patoine

Researchers are finding that training in the arts transfers to other areas of cognition. Michael Posner, who studies the brain's attention networks, suggests that these neural pathways are the means by which focusing on the arts can improve cognition more generally.

Also in Cerebrum
We hope you enjoyed our recent article, "Using Deep Brain Stimulation on the Mind: Handle with Care," by Mahlon R. DeLong, M.D., and the review of The Neuro Revolution, by Zack Lynch with Byron Laursen, reviewed by Michael F. Huerta, Ph.D.. These and all 1998-2009 articles and book features are available in our Web edition archive.

Available Now
Cerebrum 2009: Emerging Ideas in Brain Science includes the hot topics covered in Cerebrum's Web edition in 2008. The book includes a foreword by Thomas R. Insel, M.D., director of the National Institute of Mental Health, as well as a "classic" article on neuroeconomics from Cerebrum's print archives. Read more here.

Cerebrum - Opinion on brain science that can change your mind
A Dana Press publication
202-408-8800
http://www.dana.org/news/cerebrum/

Update Your Profile, Subscriptions, or E-mail Address
Unsubscribe instantly by sending an e-mail to: [log in to unmask]
Privacy Policy
Cerebrum | 900 15th St., NW | Washington | DC | 20005

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4424 (20090914) __________

http://www.eset.com