From:
"David W Wood (G3YXX)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2012 17:10:06 -0000
Good news!

My first was on 22nd November 1969 with a guy in southern Germany - about 1500 miles using a G8KW trap dipole (similar to the W3DZZ), Kw Vanguard transmitter running 50W, and an Eddystone 888A receiver.
A very shaky CW QSO it was too!!!

73

David W Wood

Ham call - G3YXX