From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:19:49 -0800
Hi Tom,

Although I've not worked with the 3905 group, I've been involved in other
faster paced operations such as the Bill Bennett Family Hour on 14.245 and
other DX nets.  Basically, as someone said here you need to be very familiar
with your logging program.  With XMLog for example, you would simply be
ready with it in the normal standby display and when you call a station, hit
control A to add him.  You would be ready to put in his call, tab quickly to
the RST boxes and then quickly again to his QTH, State and County.  Finally
his name if he gives it to you, press Alt A and the contact is logged.  That
should be possible while he's talking or you can be putting in his RST while
you are giving it to him.  I wouldn't think you would slow the net down at
all this way.  If you wanted later to be able to pick out those QSO's you
had made on the 3905 group, just put some sort of symbol in the notes field
that is unique and for which you could search.  This would produce a display
of all of the QSO's you worked there.

I hope this helps a little.  Take care, very 73 to you and Sue and Happy New
Year.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX